Haven Lake Animal Hospital has been providing the communities of Milford, Dover, Milton, Lewes, and Rehoboth with expert veterinary care for more than 13 years. An important element of that care is providing our experience in general and orthopedic surgery for your pets when they need it the most.
Orthopedic surgery is one of the fastest growing fields in veterinary medicine. The opportunities it provides your pet to live a pain-free and active life are tremendous.
When surgical intervention is combined with our comprehensive rehabilitation services, the odds for your pet’s successful recovery are staggering. Our veterinary staff is fully trained in the art of orthopedic surgery, and our doctors take a keen interest in following its scientific advancements.
Haven Lake Animal Hospital is fully equipped to offer a full range of orthopedic surgery options, including procedures such as:
- Cranial cruciate ligament repair
- Luxating patella (knee cap) repair
- External fixature fracture repair
- Fracture repair through pins and wiring
- Hip and shoulder surgery related to developmental cartilage damage
It’s OK if you’re unsure about what those terms mean. We will be happy to explain them to you in detail if the need arises, or you can contact us to schedule an exam and consultation if you are concerned your pet may be suffering from the afflictions mentioned above. However, if those conditions sound familiar to you and your pet, then you understand how important it is to seek quality treatment and rehabilitation for the condition.
Soft tissue surgery includes any surgical procedure that is not orthopedic in its nature. These types of surgeries usually include:
- Spaying and neutering
- Mass or tumor removal
- Laceration and abscess repair
- Surgeries that involve internal or external stitches due to trauma
- Feline declawing and dewclaw removal
- Gastrointestinal surgeries
- Urogenital tract exploration and repair
- Repair of skin folds, such as the eyes, tail, and vulva
- Repair of the nasal passages
- Corrective ear surgery (for chronic ear infections)
- Eye and eyelid surgeries for developmental defects and trauma
As with all of our signature services, you can rest assured that your pet will receive the highest quality preoperative and postoperative care to complement our surgical procedure, including in-house diagnostic services, medications and rehabilitation services to ensure successful pain management, as well as full instructions for at-home care and follow-up procedures.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding our services, or to schedule a preliminary consultation or appointment.